i dunno
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a pair of legs

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
What are your thoughts on the seemingly pervasive urban myth that chicken tikka masala is a "British" dish and not an Indian dish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
people say that because in india 99% of curries dont actually have any cream added where butter chicken and tikka masala have. Its a lot spicier in india and if anything yogurt is used instead to cut the fat count.

I know in my house when we make any type of curry theres no cream/yogurt added into the dish. We do have yogurt on the side to cut the heat but thats in nearly every indian household. I know curry is a popular dish in UK but dont know to the extent of how its made over there. Also in india when you try to order chicken tikka masala off the menu its traditionally never offered at authentic restaurants. Its westernized like crazy. When I eat indian food out i enjoy the heavier cream based curries but at home I think the way my family makes it is soo much better
wait i really thought it was a fact that chicken tikka masala was invented in the UK lol. i thought it was like how orange chicken and fortune cookies were invented here in the US.

Last edited by i dunno; 04-12-2014 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0