View Single Post
      06-14-2015, 05:37 PM   #1
///M3Fresh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Varis (lower) diffuser- E9X M3

6/20/17 -- Update-- After multiple attempts to get not only an awesome looking but functional diffuser we are getting super close to coming out with a final version (pretty much playing around with strakes, side/shape of them). I felt it was time for an update (I may create a new thread) and first wanted to say, this has been a "when we get some time to work on it" type of project thus its been a super slow and dragged process. But I am super excited to have the first real prototype. Hopefully soon I will be able to say functional diffuser once we try to do some real world testing/data analysis.

I feel pictures will speak for themselves. If you are curious about the company that has building these his IG is @SchiemannComposites.

Onto the pictures. My particular units has 8-9 coats of 2k Clear on the outside. The intent is to offer multiple types of final coats/finishes.

*** Keep in mind, the STRAKES that are on there are for testing purposes. They straight cut and easy to swap on and off and taller then the normal ones originally made for this unit. They may come with this diffuser but I am not 100% at this point. I personally cut these out of flat sheet carbon!***

I'm having a local composite shop build a mold for this lower diffuser and I wanted to give the opportunity to this forum to own one.

The quality of the materials is top notch- Its VRTM (vacuum infused). 100 percent 3k 640ksi aerospace grade carbon fabric (no fiberglass whatsoever, not even for backing or sandwich).

This process yields a 50/50 resin to fabric laminate making it extremly light and strong. The resin used is a high temp epoxy vinyl Ester hybrid system, able to withstand 300 degree Temps directly all day long without warping, shrinking, etc. Gas, oil, brake fluid etc resistant, excellent water resistance.

95% the strength of an autoclaved epoxy system with 25% more flex before failure than autoclaved epoxy system, meaning it can take a little impact before failure than traditional methods perfect for auto body parts.

Available as a dry carbon or high gloss uv resistant coating. Weave options are from 1x1 to 3x3 or any other type exotic variations.

Currently I am having one made for me but if anyone else is interested I can talk to the shop in putting together some sort of specialty pricing for a small group. It a couple of weeks out so I dont expect anyone to be interested now, but can have pictures of the part on/off my car. His work is nothing but top notch, and isnt cheap flimsy carbon work.

There isnt any real vendors making these are a decent price so this is the opportunity to get you Varis lower diffuser.

I will update this post with pictures.

Last edited by ///M3Fresh; 06-20-2017 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0