View Single Post
      08-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #46
brisance
Private
Rep
Drives: MY2011 AW FR E92 M3 M-DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiavelM3 View Post
I wouldn't consider the M3 a sports car but that's my opinion. I think cars(depending on the model) like Ferrari's, Porsche's, Lamborghini's etc. are considered sports cars.
The M3 is still one of the best cars in it's class, even after almost 5 yrs in production. No other car like Audi or Merc. have CF roof

The main reason I bought the coupe is because I love the CF roof! To the best of my knowledge, there isn't another car in it's class that has a cf roof like the M3. You'll have to get into the higher end sports car category to find another car with a cf roof. That makes it very unique!
Plus, it lowers the center of gravity and is about 400 lbs lighter than the Vert.
If I want a top down type of experience (open air), I just hop on my motorcycle and go for a ride
A little nitpicky here but the Evo 8 MR had a CF roof back in 2004. Yes, it lacks many creature comforts compared to the E92 and has four doors which makes it more comparable with the E90. But it's a great car with great mod potential.
Appreciate 0