06-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #76
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS350 View Post
Thanks for all the comments! Not to overthink, but I'm hearing the stock brake fluid overheats quickly? This is the outline of driving, looks like just 2 30 minute sessions on the track in Novice and an open driving session. Thoughts?
My biggest concern, will I have a brake fade warning if they start to overheat?
http://www.chinmotorsports.com/forms/469_pdfSch.pdf

This is a comment from someone who works with those at M-school:

I can tell you that we use stock vehicles (1M, M3 & M5) for our Advanced M Schools at VIR. By the end of the 2nd day, they will need new brakes. I would classify most of the participants for that school as being Advanced, with a good amount of track experience.

Keep in mind, the maintenance coverage for any items that could incur increased wear from tracking the vehicle could be denied (i.e. they won’t allow you to have new brakes installed every week). There is an exclusion listed for this in the Service and Warranty Manual.
I changed my stock brake fluid to Motul RBF600 and the car/brakes were excellent throughout the 4 sessions @ VIR. Definitely change the brake fluid if nothing else.

Considering its your first time..try to enjoy yourself and considering the heat...stay hydrated.
Appreciate 0