View Single Post
      02-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #1
M3anBIMMER
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3 & e46 330Ci

08 iphone issues

thanks for the help in advance. searched here and google, couldn't find the right info...

in my 08 e92 m3, i only have this carpeted box in the glove compartment just cheaply thrown in the back in front of the fuse box with an iphone cable coming out of it. no usb plug that i can find anywhere. the armrest only has the aux plug.

i have an old iphone that i was planning to use but it says something to the affect of "will only connect to ipod"

will a software update fix this? i have a droid cell phone and would like to use this old iphone instead of having to go and buy an ipod. is there another location that i may be missing with the usb connection or is this going to cost me a grand at the stealership?

checked with the dealer..my service advisor is clueless.. i have a 6speed manual but was asking if there were any issues with higher mileage m3s with dct and he didn't even know what it was. when i explained to him he said "oh no that's the smg!" : another person just there for a job with no passion in what they do...
Appreciate 0