08-31-2012, 07:45 PM   #104
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335d

My $.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
My complaint was about having M badges on a non-M car. I own a diesel vehicle myself in addition to the M so I'm not against diesels whatsoever.
I have a 2011 335d M Sport. Not being a @$$ here, but BMW puts the ///M on the sill panels, steering wheel, and rubber foot rest thing. I put 3 M colored stripes on my left grill and left fender. Doesn't mean I think it added horsepower. I did get the JBD (tune). It is supposed to add 70-80rwhp. Does it...no clue. Either way I still get 35+ mpg, which is why I bought the car. Their test car (and others on these forums) have put 308hp at the wheels. I've seen a dyno sheet on a 335d with an "Evolve" tune that put 327hp at the wheels. That's pretty good since the torque is around 500 ft lbs at that point. And they say the 265hp 335d is as fast as the 300hp 335i with 35 less hp. I say it would be pretty close to an M3 in a straight line.

Anyway, is it only ok for BMW to put ///M logos on it as long as they keep the ///M on the inside? I get that the guy was being a rude and snooty, but I seem to come across more M3 drivers that are like that than 335d drivers. I could have just as easily afforded to buy an M3 (As a matter of fact, I am thinking about getting one soon. That's why I'm in this forum right now). I could also have spent $35K on an '08 6 series and then told you that your M3 sucks because it's "just a 3 series". The way I see it is we all drive BMW's and we should all represent BMW. We shouldn't be fighting with each other. That guy was in the wrong.

PS - IMO, the M3 is the flagship 3 series. Period. That is deemed by BMW and no one else..
Appreciate 0