02-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #19
Brainofjjj
Astronaut
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMPowerJ View Post
Keep us posted. Very interested in what this turns out to be.
Well here's where i am today.
Nashville BMW is telling me it's the right rear wheel bearing.

Last week after i had the initial problem I brought it by the shop that installed the springs. They plugged in their diagnostic computer and it indicated a problem in the right rear, at the time they thought it was a sensor. They cleaned the sensor and I got another alignment, no change.

Since i wanted a 2nd opinion i dropped it off at the dealership, when they called today with the wheel bearing diagnosis i was surprised but wanting to have this resolved I asked them to fix it....total bill $990

I then called the shop and explained what the dealership found. They were a bit confused i guess since i hadn't called back to say it was still an issue. They were also saying there was virtually no way a spring install could have anything to do with wheel bearings.

However, I'm stuck now with a bill not covered by the warranty because of the springs...the dealership will fight me all day long. I've now spent almost 4 days dealing with this including the 2 day install.

Total cost so far

KW springs - $800
alignment - $89
Install - $600
Wheel bearing - $990

total = $2479

I learned a valuable lesson...and this isn't over, yet. I'm going to take the old bearings to the shop and see what they say. I'm stuck in the middle though since i didn't give them a chance to fix it after reporting it the first time.
Appreciate 0