05-30-2007, 12:38 PM   #33
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
If you're considering a RR Sport, this can't be about affordability.........

If you're an enthusiast, you will not be happy in anything other than an enthusiast's car, trust me. It will end up costing you a lot more in the long run because you will be driving some big sloppy (although luxurious)SUV and looking over longingly at the guy in the M3/Porsche/whatever.

Don't make an expensive $$ mistake.

Do you need a RR Sport now?

You can't make huge purchase decisions based on "what if" or perceived future needs -- I've been there and it's an expensive $$ mistake. Look at what you have now -- if there's something lacking, make a change. If not, live with it.

FWIW!

Good take.

Really what it boils down to is that I am 27 (will be 28 when the M3 comes out), will likely be starting a family soon (-1 for a coupe), am in a business where driving clients around is important (-2 for a coupe), and am likely looking at a mortgage of somewhere in the $4500 - $5500 range for a 50 year old 1,600 sq ft “STARTER” home here in L.A. for somewhere around $950K.

I would KILL for the new M3, I know for a fact that I will absolutely own one one day, but right now it might be tough. Like all of you I am a car nut. Nearly every other car you see on the road here in L.A. is a 5 series, E class, A6, M45 Infiniti, GS Lexus etc; this is a large reason why I opt’d for the S4, a little more unique amongst a sea of mid level luxury sedans. Now granted Range Rovers and RR Sports are arguably the most common luxury SUV’s here in L.A. but there is just something about them that I LOVE! Plus like I said in my post above, I will likely drive it for about 2 years then give it to my wife and THEN step up and get a fun car like the M3 or the P-car. I think right now with a new pending mortgage, possible kids on the way, I am kind of in a transition period, so I would rather take it somewhat conservative (albeit a RR Sport will still be pricey), then see where I am in a few years from now.

Make more sense now?
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0