12-21-2008, 03:12 PM   #59
quackman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
I would say that the Dunlop Wintersport M3 or Michelin PA3 are the most sport-oriented (best dry performance for a snow tire). I've had the former for a few years and heard the same about the latter.
Hmm ok, i had those Dunlops on my old 330i for winter, though on 17" wheels. And they were good. Though I'll probably get the recommended staggered setup for the M3 for added sportiness. Just reread the first post though, which says "The Pirellis and Continentals are the sportiest handling, but the least focused on snow, more of a cold-weather performance tire, but still much better than all-season tires in snow."

Now I've gotta get 18s for the m3 though....
Since you also recommend the Dunlops then, how come they don't appear on the tirerack website under recc winter combo?
I'm pretty much ready to order, so if I'm gonna get the Dunlops then I'd like to know how to order them, definitely through the link on these forums.

Edit:

Is this a proper, sporty setup: (2) 245/45R18 Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3
Price: $452.00 for 2 Closeout
(2) 255/40R18 Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3
Price: $414.00 for 2 Closeout

? I'm having trouble buying the wheel mentioned in this thread in this size on the site... does it not come to fit this size?
I think I want the setup this guy has: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194243 in the first reply to the thread, but I can't seem to do it on tirerack.

Last edited by quackman; 12-22-2008 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0