View Single Post
      07-18-2006, 04:36 PM   #40
KC Bimmer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sic06e90
just thought id get some insight from you guys,the reason I ask is I absolutely fucking hate my job(Im a realtor)I genuinely just dont give a shit about real estate even though it can make me alot of money,I drive a nice car and have nice things but I m not happy,its just too hard for me to play the role at work,I know it sounds like Im just being immature but I think I would be happier making less money doing something else I enjoy,what do you guys think,
I was in your position a little over a year ago. I had my first job out of school in sales and was making some really great $$, but was completely miserable. I ended up quiting and it was the most liberating day of my life. I got a job that paid about half (I've received raises since) but love my job. Sure, there are good and bad days, but it's easy to appreciate the good and realize the bad really aren't that bad because of the experience I had.

Think about it this way . . . sure a job you're passionate about may not pay as much; however, down the road you most likely will surpass the money you would have been making. Being passionate and loving your job is what motivates people to really be successfull.

. . . . just my .02
Appreciate 0