01-06-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbrennan View Post
What does the gauge show? Also, I thought you had to add in 0.5 qt increments to get a good reading. Check your owner's manual again.
Thanks for the reply. The gauge, in iDrive show a "yellow level" warning saying its 1qt low. Then the digital gauge in the middle of the dash says the same. The temp gauge never gets hot or moves from where it should be, so that also leads me to believe its a malfunction as it has happened before. And I did add half qt when it first happened and then after I brought it to the dealership the M Technician told me to add quarter of a quart at a time to prevent overfilling. And even this hasn't worked, and this time I even let it sit overnight after adding some oil and it went green and good level before I let it sit, then the next morning I hopped in it let it warm up and bam, low oil level warning, "please add 1qt" says the iDrive system. I add quarter or a qt. let it sit for 5 mins, as I was at a gas station off the highway an hour from home, turn it on, still says low, add another quarter, let it sit for 5 again turn it on and "Overfill oil lever Warning light, Called BMW, closed on Sunday, leave a message telling them whats up, still haven't called back. Drive home, turn it off get back in it, "LOW OIL WARNING"....WTF. Then this morning everything is fine and green all systems ok???? I dont know what to do man, this is easily the 5th time it's happened and I haven't even had the car for a year, all maintenance and service up to date, completely stock except my winter wheel set up. Any thoughts? Sorry for the long reply, haha
Appreciate 0