08-21-2010, 07:00 AM   #43
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Lover View Post
Don't move to Canada, the gas and the tax we have will just make you cry.
Here in AB we have the lowest taxes in the country (Both Income taxes and Sales taxes) and it is probably lower than some states in the US. If we make over 100k in AB our Tax rate is about 36% as opposed to nearly 50% for some of the Maritime Provinces (An accountant told me the tax rate yesterday). By the way free healthcare means a lot too.

I just drove through a big part of the US and yes the gas is a bit cheaper, ~$50 in the US to fill from empty instead of ~$60 in Canada on average (The dollar is pretty well par now most of the time so the exchange no longer makes the US expensive for us Canadians).

One thing the US has is a stupid number of Toll Roads..... I paid ~$30-$40 in tolls on the turnpikes from Illinois to the Canadian Border in Maine. I don't mind paying tolls either but in Canada the Toll roads generally don't allow trucks on them and traffic is not too bad. In the US The Turnpikes were blocked with trucks and the traffic was stupid!