Thread: Camero ss vs M3
View Single Post
      05-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
moosety2009
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Maserati spyder/BMW z4

Camero ss vs M3

alright guys and gals, I went over to chevy dealership and saw the new Camero SS. They had one in all black and I must say it looked like a thing of beauty!

If you guys have not yet see one in person, I strongly recommend you do, it's pretty damn impressive, which brings me to the subject of performance!

The SS version of the camero gets an LS3 engine rated at 426Hp with 400Lbs of torque!

The curb weight of the car is 3800lbs even which about 60lbs heavier than the M3. The skid pad numbers are also very similar to the m3. M3= .92g's and the Camero is rated at .89g's.

Given this fact and the notion that a loaded 2ss camero with all options maxed runs you 45k out the door, it's stunning looks and (i have to say it.. good interior) I'm wondering if any of you has pontificated the notion of M3 vs. Camero?

without a shadow of a doubt the Camero beats the Mustang and the Challenger in all aspects!

add to this all the aftermarket modifications available for the LS3 engine and the relative inexpensive maintenance I really thing GM has hit a homerun with this car!

True it doesn't have a navigation system, however, it has blue tooth, can play your Iphone/ipod, has turn-by-turn directions on-star, ambient lighting etc..

All of this for a meager 45k and done with impressive fit and finish!

So I what I like to ask is it ok to have this conversation M3 vs. Camero?

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...k-Concept.aspx
Appreciate 0