View Single Post
      12-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #233
speedaddictM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin* View Post
Ah, yes. The C7 Z06 should be a monster for sure. The Z06 did out perform the GT3 rs 4.0 around the ring. However, neither the Z06 nor the ZR1 outperformed the 911 GT2 rs though. Either way the Porsche in either trim costs astronomically more than either of the versions of corvette. On the other hand; there is something huge that a lot of folks are overlooking. Lots of people that can afford these cars (corvettes, Porsches, etc.)buy them for the status & peonage that goes along with them. That is somewhere that the any model Corvette will never be able to touch the Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. because at the end of the day it is still just a Chevrolet. One may not like it; but, this is fact. Proof in this is every middle aged woman you see driving a Corvette whom doesn't even care about the performance of the car. She simply bought it because she could and it's a "Corvette"

BTW, caveat; There is nothing wrong with a Chevrolet. I've owned more than a few of them myself. I don't have that snobbish outlook myself. I'm just conveying what I've felt and been told by others when I owned mine.
Totally agree. However I would think snobs and posers would go more for a 911 Carrera or Turbo instead. I don't think they would choose a stripped down hardcore GT3RS or GT2RS. I doubt anyone who isn't a serious track rat would buy what's basically a race car with a license plate.
Appreciate 0