View Single Post
      04-13-2011, 03:07 PM   #40
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
minus simulators I think its all in how you grew up....

e.g. console games kill my hands 10x faster than my desktop games do
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
Ok so PC gaming with a mouse and keyboard has got to be the worst thing ever for your hands. After an hour of playing my hands ached so bad that I had to stop. The controllers are far better for comfort and am using my xbox controller for Just cause 2. Forget about trying to drive a car or fly and sircraft in this game with the keyboard. For shit sake you dont play flight sims or racing games with a mouse a keyboard. Yes you can be more accurate with the mouse but moving the character is to slow and tedious with the keyboard and mouse.

How in the world are you guys doing this without your hands going crippled?
well for flight games you're going to need a joystick, i have a $50 one that i've been using since BF2, its wireless and works well. for driving games you can use the keyboard and mouse but if thats too uncomfortable you could always get a steering wheel with the pedals.

for FPS games and whatever else you could always get something more ergonomic, something like this, and just program all the controls. pair it with a good gaming mouse and you should be good to go.
Appreciate 0