View Single Post
      04-10-2011, 12:45 PM   #34
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

So I broke down and bught a custom rig yesterday at Fry's. They were having some sales on processors, ram and HDD. GOt about 60 bucks in rebates as well.

Specs:

i7 2600(was going to do an i7 960 but there was no price diff)
Asus Sabertooth P67 mobo
Western Dig Caviar Black 1T HDD
8gb Corsair 1600 XMS Ram
Antec liquid cooler
Asus DVD/RW
XFX 6950(1st gen that can be flashed to a 6970) I will add another 6970 later
Silverstone Raven 2 Full Tower
Win 7 Pro
Coolermaster 750w
And cool Green light for inside the case.Got to have some sparkle.lol

I was going to get an SSD but he told me to wait until the fall since they expect them to get cheaper and you will get more memory. 80g for 150 is a bit much for not enough. He said I would need around 120g for the OS plus office, and future updates as well as storing a few games on it and having a regular HDD for other data.

Getting a Logitech G500 mouse as well.

Had them do the build since I have no time and it only costs 90 bucks and they do the burn in and benchmarking. I am hopefully picking it up today, and will get some pics later.

I spent more than I set out to, but figured it was worth it.

The guy also urgred me to buy their Mobo and processor protection for 3 years for only 44 bucks. He said if they fry they will replace it for free and with the current version of what you had. Pretty decent deal. Best buy wants almost 300 for a similar deal and they suck at life when it comes to fixing PC's. I listen to Leo Laporte the tech guy and he always tell people never to take their PC's to best buy.

Last edited by HPFREAK; 04-12-2011 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0