08-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwelch View Post
I could make the sensor mounting bracket needed using my car for the pattern, but would need a picture of the sensor and mounting dimensions. I have the sheet aluminum and equipment. The bracket could be to your office about Thursday next week or we could meet on your way home.
Great Ken that is fantastic. We can then measure some shift times in your car, just for the sake of obtaining consistency.

I dug around a bit and thought the seat rails would be the best location for easy access and very rigid mounting, while remaining on the interior of the car. However, the attachment of the bracket to the rails is not 100% straight forward and it should be as rigid as possible. Do note you can easily pop the protective plastic cover right off the front of the seat rails. I am certainly open to other ideas.

The accel dimensions and mounting dimensions are given in the attached pdf. The mounting screws are M2 x 12 FHCS. I could make it slightly easier for you by dropping the actual accel off, that way there could be no uncertainty.

You should make an attempt to get the accel as normal to both the ground and direction of travel as possible. Definitely not a huge deal, nor does it need to be perfect, but this would be a goal.

Last but not least, I strongly believe the braket should be made of bar instead of sheet. You probably meant that. I use "sheet" for any material measured in gages and "bar" for the stuff in inches beginning around 1/8". Based on the screws and accel thickness my suggestion would be 3/16" thick minimum.

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 7521A.pdf (313.3 KB, 434 views)
Appreciate 0