09-07-2010, 10:18 PM   #22
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3LOL View Post
You hit the nail on the head w/ everything you said. The subie is a very ugly car, but it looks purposeful which makes it look cool, not pretty lol. I appreciate the great answer and this is the type of conversation I was hoping to have, not to troll.

Honestly it's like you took my thoughts and put them in your words. I just hate the fact that the sti doesn't get the respect it deserves from certain people.

And btw, about the seats, they are adjustable, but everything is manual (I have a fixed back sparco in mine so i forgot what its like to adjust a seat haha).

I also agree about intangibles making a car go from good to great, my car is a rattle box w/ a dreadful stereo, but the sounds from the diffs, the boxer rumble, everything feeling so mechanical and analog make me forget the bad and love it!
Yah the STi doesn't get as much respect as it should, but whatever - whatever makes you happy. My buddy still has his 04 he bought 2 months after he drove mine, and my other friend has a GC with a built motor that makes over 500whp. Different strokes for different folks ; )

I still miss the STi, especially in the wet and snow - which we get a fair amount of here. I wouldn't have sold it, but I needed the moolah for the M.
Appreciate 0