View Single Post
      03-15-2012, 01:44 AM   #1
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Brembo BBK rubbing

Has anyone noticed any rubbing of their Brembo BBK?

When swapping out my tires I thought the shop scratched the inner barrels of my wheels. Both rear and one front wheel have some marks on the inner barrels that look like fine machining marks through the paint and into the metal (serious bummer...). After speaking to the guy who did the tires he noticed these marks before beginning the work. They are lined up well with the hex mounting bolts that attach the caliper to the mounting bracket. The clearance between the bolt head and the inner diameter of my rear wheels is very small, probably 1 mm or less (0.04" or less). The clearance on the fronts is maybe double that but I don't recall exactly. Either way it is larger. Perhaps a big pothole or other road irregularity, perhaps combined with low tire pressure caused just enough distortion in the wheel assembly to make contact between the bolt head and wheel barrel? I think I did use a fit checking template before installing my BBK but do not recall 100%. My set up is:

-19" RAC RG63 wheels (M3post.com group buy)
-Brembo kit, 6 piston front, 4 pistor rear, 380 mm discs front and rear

Either way this clearance seems too small. it seems to me that if any contact happens at all one can only conclude the clearance is too small. I suppose I should get a clearance checking template (paper/cardboard) and recheck things.

It would be greatly appreciated for anyone with these wheels and brakes or even any 19" wheels to have a quick look at their inner wheel barrels for some similar contact.

Cheers.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0