01-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
i just don't think that modern era cars will be as collectable as the cars we would consider collectable now (muscle cars, etc.) a lot of the muscle cars from mid-century were firsts in innovation. they were built with pride out of heavy raw materials that are only reserved for finer cars today. i think cars like the v8 m3 or other luxury cars in the last of the NA era will be collectable down the road, but that buick is plastic and still a massively produced car that likely won't survive the test of time.
BelAir was one of the first mass produced cars, and it still has a niche' in the market. Albeit it isn't exactly lucrative unless it's the first few made, but people love refurbishing them because of cheap parts due to being American, access to those cheap parts, and the American engineering that is dumbed down for the purchaser.

I think the E90/2/3 M3 should definitely be on there, it might be the next E30M. E30 was the first NA M, E9x is the last.

Edit: you're focusing on the innovation that made the collectibles today lucrative, but these cars may be the last of it's kind. Which will also sell, just add something different like it being the last made blah blah and it will sell.