///Mperative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: like grandma

Garage List
2014 BMW 550xi  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
The Aston is great for all the reasons listed above. However, I drove a Vantage a couple years ago; it was a lot of fun and nice to drive. I believe it was an '07 or '08, and the interior was not great. It was better than the ridiculously unusable electronics in the GranTurismo (which seemed to have been designed by an illiterate moron). However, as soon as I got in the car I thought to myself, "why the hell does this look and feel so familiar?". Turns out, they essentially re-branded a bunch of Volvo (and other Ford) components and called it a day. It did not inspire confidence, nor did it make me want to own one. It's similar to the GT-R in that regard, except the GT-R is much cheaper so the crappy interior is more palatable. Now, things may have changed since then; perhaps they've had the time to develop their own electronics.

Despite the fact that it's Italian, we know the Lambo has good electronics because they get it all from Audi.

Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations? Expecting good electronics in a British car is like expecting a quality interior (or a decent transmission) in an American car.

Last edited by ///Mperative; 10-10-2012 at 04:11 PM..
Appreciate 0