06-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #8
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
The fees and the manitanence part of it is too expensive.
Fees?

A track day fee is about $150 give or take, usually less.

Maintenance?

Only real costs are an extra oil change (which you should do anyways...who does 15k mi oil changes?!), a set of Brake pads once a year (mine are still at 90% even with 4 track days and 6k miles on them), and tires (mine have 4k mi on them, 3 track days, and still plenty of thread...then again they're street tires).

The expenses are more yes, but you're driving a 50-80k car.... are you really barely making the payments...? (I don't mean "you" as in you, I mean in general)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
The reason i barely go to track because it's way too far. Its 100 miles away, i will be really tired after 100 miles driving
Really?
Cause for me, I can wake up at 5am and be at Willow springs by 7:30 and have plenty of energy. The adrenaline is amazing.

I get more exhausted driving 30 miles to downtown LA then driving 100 miles up north lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigsCanadianCousin View Post
Uhm, I have a cab. Put an 400 extra pounds on the same tires/brakes a e92 has and you go through a shitload of $$$.

Personally if I want to drive on a track, I'll do it in my 2 stroke shifter kart.
I have a convertible too....
I can't comment on the shifter karts though, as I've never driven one. I would LOVE to though! I've always heard they're plenty of fun

I'm not saying people are doing wrong by not tracking their cars... I just can't understand it so I'm hoping to maybe, by some slight chance, figure it out...

Thank you for your comments
Appreciate 0