View Single Post
      01-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #74
NickDG
Registered
Rep
Drives: Boat Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Since the only thing we have is the car weight of the ISF, which is heavy BTW, you need to look at other bits of data to calculate the relative weight of the ISF engine.

Sit down for a sec to see if you can absorb this logic.....
  • The IS350 is powered by a V6 and the IS350 should weigh approximately the same as the S54 I6
  • When Lexus bolted on the spare parts, the ISF weighs 300 pounds more than the IS350
  • The ISF also added more weight upfront and changed the static weight distribution in the wrong way
  • Doing the math backwards, a reasonable inferrence would be that the ISF engines weighs 100-150 pounds more than the IS350 engine
  • Assuming the IS350 engine weighs the same as the S54 I6, it is reasonable to conclude that Lexus couldn't deliver the extra horsepower without adding 100-150 pounds
  • Whereas BMW added horsepower while reducing the weight of the engine
  • Here is where you need to pay attention.... It can be reasonably inferred the the S65 weighs less than the ISF engine
  • Hence ISF Engine = Boat Anchor
All these issues would be moot if Lexus was actually proud of the ISF engine and published the exact specs. It is like the drunken brother than nobody talks about.

Have fun in your souped up Camry

I would be happy to school you in boolean logic by PM.

Feel free to continue this thread on M3 pricing by discussing ISF boat anchors.
Nice. I hope you aren't an engineer, or any other occupation that requires logic.
Appreciate 0