View Single Post
      04-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
cortwagner
CDub
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Sneaking Out: BPM Style

Just finished a great round of mod's on my E92 coup. Dinan coil over's which I could not be be happier with, full Dinan exhaust and catless X pipe which sounds better than anything I have ever heard and I pulled off a Meisteschaft GT cat back which I thought sounded amazing as well but this Dinan full system makes serious bhp and is really quiet at lower rev's with zero drone. Dinan intake sounds and looks amazing as well. Best part is that the car now sounds like a nascar uncorked on the upper revs at wide open throttle and it gets there quickly with the new shorter Dinan diff I had installed, a really good symbiotic package all these parts together work really well.
NOW, having a 5 week old baby at home, leaving the house in the morning and coming home at night, sneaky style, is imperitive and very difficult unless you are running Mike Benvo's tune and coding. His flash is really great, has made cold start and cold driveability really quiet and smooth. Overall, initial throttle tip in, partial throttle driving and especially the zero cold start all adds up to make the car silky smooth and mellow especially when cold. It feels as strong, if not stronger, than any tune I have run in the car, and I have had a few. WOT pulls are super consistent and 8600 comes in a hurry. VERY happy with the car, it has never run better, it's super driveable and is actually making decent mileage by comparison. For a normally aspirated package, this is as good as it get's without digging really deep for a Dinan stroker motor, which I also recently drove and was very very impressed with.
Appreciate 0