View Single Post
      02-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #84
Splinter4784
414 little horsies
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

i wanted to post a review of the NT-01's

I was at the streets of willow springs running a square set up of new NT-01's 275/35 18 all around the car on APEX ARC 8 Wheels.

These are great tires and i barely lost any tread even though i was demolishing these tires on the corners and inducing drift every time i entered the skid pad.

I like to talk about PSI in Cold terms rather than hot because hot psi is not stable and it does not give you an accurate PSI Reading

The Nitto NTO1's run best at about 34 to 35 PSI Cold. when i got of the track running them cold at 35, i got out of the car and checked the PSI hot and it was reading 45 PSI

I kept dropping the pressure. I felt as if 33 PSI Cold was good too but it was too close to notice a difference IMO. When i dropped the pressure to 31 PSI Cold the tires got very sloppy and i felt the grip change a lot.

The NT-01's are great tires because they are not super sensitive and they provide stable grip through out the life of the tire from what i hear

i think ill definetly keep getting sets of NT-01's and later on i want to try the BFG R1's

I definetly recommend the NT-01 to anyone who is getting their first set of R Compound for the track.