View Single Post
      08-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #43
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
The only difference is the cam lock on the pro. The pro is HANS friendly.

I prefer the non-Pro is it sits lower across your lap. The non-pro doesn't have the right side clip which has the metal tab part of the buckle that sticks out which could be uncomfortable.

I would go with Pro for the driver's side, non-Pro on the pass side. Although a minor detail, I'd check with your local DE orgs to make sure that when they state "equal restraints" that having a pro on one side, a non-pro on the other side still meets that definition. Some instructors that are not familiar with BMWs may question that...as an instructor SHOULD do.
Hey Bigjae,
I'm confused - you say you prefer the non-Pro, then recommend the Pro. Please clarify. I don't currently use a HANS device and my DD only sees the track about 5 x/year.

BTW, I saw you at CoTA, but I didn't get a chance to stop by. Will you be at MSR for the 3.1 in 2 weeks? Hope to see you there.
Thanks,
Daniel
MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0