View Single Post
      01-08-2014, 11:50 PM   #25
JAJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
That's interesting thanks guys for the comments. I thought everything was 100% so I'll have them looked at.

I'm running the StopTech street pads for both the street and track.
They're great pads - I use them for daily driving. Bite is the level of initial friction when you hit the pedal, and these pads have a lot of "bite" and that's probably why you feel the off-on snap when they apply. Bite is a personal preference, but for race pads, lower bite gives you more control.

The long pedal sounds like air in the system somewhere, maybe in the ABS/DSC pump. There are lots of ways to get air in the pump when you have the brake system opened up for an install. Unfortunately, there's only one way to get it out. That involves getting a dealer (or someone with the necessary diagnostic computer tools to cycle the DSC control computer) to re-bleed your brakes.

You've got a great setup and you should have a firm pedal slightly higher than stock with good progression and a smooth off to on transition.

For the track, I'd try a set of full race pads. They generally have lower bite than the Stoptech crossover pads and they'll be more linear in application. If you get this right, you'll be amazed at how the braking works.
Appreciate 0