View Single Post
      08-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
rich2saint
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 ZCP

yes, but...

I'm working through Dave at BMWSOnline. Dave is a really nice guy, a supporter of this forum, he has been patient with me and I think he is offering the best deal around, HOWEVER, back on May 5th he posted the following:

Quote:
Hello everyone. Hey CBoneck! Hey trucheli! I want to clear up any confusion regarding the pricing I gave CBoneck. I did sell it to him for European Delivery invoice (46,930+options at invoice). For those of you that don't know me, I'm David. I started selling BMWs in 1999. Dream job. I've been a member of this forum for years, mainly to provide accurate information from BMW as quickly as possible. Speculating can be fun, but ultimately we want to know info about our beloved driving machines asap. I started BMWSONLINE.com to provide BMW enthusiasts nationwide with an excellent experience at the best possible price. Invoice.

How do I provide a no profit deal? It's simple. If I increase the volume of sales for the dealership exponentially, I get rewarded. The reward does not come from profiting on the customers I value. I've taken the main reason people dislike shopping for a BMW out of the equation. All you have to worry about is what color you want and how soon you can get your new BMW.

There are a lot of sites that do the shopping for you, and take advantage of the fact that we are all busy and just want a fair deal without the games. Unfortunately, they are needed in most cases... but never again on a BMW.

Shipping is very easy too. If my customer is flexible on color and equipment, the worst case we are looking at is a few hundred for shipping. Not pressed for time and flexible on color/equipment? Then most of the time there is no shipping charge. Delivery can happen in a couple business days. I'm on the East Coast and I have many happy customers in CA. You can do a ED/PCD and drive home, or BMW can ship it too. Remember that the transportation industry is hurting too, so rates on shipping have dropped.

Please visit http://www.bmwsonline.com You have all the invoice guides/ rates/ rebates updated as I receive them from BMW. No need to double check with KBB/ Edmunds or your cousin that bought one. So no more "what price did you get" threads, unless you want to pay more. Thanks for reading. I truly look forward to continuing to serve the BMW enthusiast community.
I noticed that when you do a search for that thread here or google and try the link - it is gone - but Google caches the content - which I pasted in.

So, just based on his post (which is how I heard of him), I'm thinking the quote doesn't reflect a "true" invoice price... I feel like a ball-buster and I'm certainly NOT trying to bash him, call him out, etc. I just shot him an email and asked him plainly: "what is the processing fee" - If its an ACTUAL cost that is a part of purchasing a car at invoice - I'll gladly pay it... Its just that I haven't seen anything that states there is a processing fee in the documentation I've received. Specifically, the Training Service Fee of $180 is excluded from Euro Delivery. Finally, I'm not saying there is a conspiracy going on, but I was a little surprised that the link is dead - maybe the guy got his head cut off for posting that and had to get it deleted - or asked cboneck to delete his post?

Last edited by rich2saint; 08-22-2009 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0