07-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
LeMans Blue M: Thanks for the contact. For the repair to be done in my drive way, I'm assuming that they need to have the tire off the wheel right? Or are they full-service and can take the wheel off the car, remove the tire, repair, mount tire back to wheel, and mount to car?! That would be pretty amazing if they could.

My problem is that my M3 is my sole vehicle. How long does a repair take? I'm thinking it's best if I just drop the car off, get a ride from a friend, and return to pick up the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
I know that we have different size tires for front and rear. But are the wheel sizes also different for front and rear?
I haven't used the mobile truck service they provide. I just dropped off my wheels at the shop.

I have talked to a few people that have used the mobile service, and they told me you just have to remove the wheel from the car sometimes. I don't think revomal of the tire is even nessesary. I guess it all depends on how much damage there is to the wheel itself. Ask Tommy that question when you call him.

And yes, the front and rear wheels are different sizes.

The front wheels are 19x8.5, and the rear wheels are 19x9.5.