11-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #18
JPH704
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Huracan Performante & 720s

Quote:
Originally Posted by te37 View Post
Manual is going to have less issues than the DCT, lots of moving parts.

I would stay away from the 08 and 09 just because they fixed a lot of issues that were persistent between the two first years of production in the later models.

As far as warranty goes, there are no factory service manuals, this IS NOT a Nissan! So I would recommend the extended warranty, a couple issues can easily ring up more than 4,000 dollars. Remember that even though you are going to be buying an M3 for like 35-40k, it will still need to be repaired like a 70k+ vehicle.

Nick

p.s. if you are going to be doing "performance" mods, the best thing you can do for the car is go CF roof, a lot less top weight.

So many things wrong with everything he said. First... Not many issues with an 08-09. Consumer reports just issued its long-term reliability testing and the e92 M3 is second in its class. Manual over DCT? Many will also argue that!
"Not a Nissan" hahaha ok?! I've owned two 350z's one was a DE the other was an HR. I later made the move to an Infiniti IPL. All the models I've listed have seriously weak trans. The M3 DCT is far superior in reliability and performance to Nissan transmissions. Even the almighty GTR has had its fair share trans failure.

Good luck OP! Follow the preventive maintenance schedule and the 08-09 will treat you well.