10-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
That can happen, but it is my understanding that the minimum thickness is also the point at which the rotor may lose structural integrity. I know on my old E46 the rotors were just in general crummy condition at min thickness. I personally wouldn't run rotors below min thickness long at all, regardless of pad thickness. Your call as to whether to roll the dice.

Sounds like a good excuse for a bbk if you're out of warranty.
im not really a roll the dice kind of guy so will probably get new rings. It may sound funny but im actually trying to make my car as quick at the track as possible with stock suspension and brakes. weird goal i guess but thats what im shooting for at this point. although i do have upgraded pads, fluid, stainless lines, brake ducts ad08s, challenge sport, evolve stage 2 and vorshlag camber plates. kinda bending the rules but i still consider that stock unless i get coils or BBK.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0