View Single Post
      05-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #1
tbonem3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Pics of my dirty M3 at the port and advise needed please.

-i took those pictures last week at port in Kuwait..
-Ordered car thru US Military Sales Program (MSP) dealer, with delivery in Middle East, Kuwait instead of stateside
-ordered car back in November, production started first week of February, shipped mid march, arrived in kuwait April 16..
-car is '12 E92 SG ZCP 6MT
-paperwork was not done right and my SA had put my name on the paperwork instead of local BMW dealers name, which has caused extensive delays, headaches and stress trying to clear car thru local customs, export and registration.
-basically it's been almost a month since car arrived in country, and i still don’t have official delivery. car is now at the dealer waiting for registration and plates so i can drive it home.

-i took the below pictures last week using my nokia phone (sorry for poor quality) before driving the car from the port to the dealer (about 5 miles), where the car has been at the port in a warehouse, very dirty as you can see, and bird droppings in the rear.

-I had to go thru hoops and a lot of stress to get the car out of the port and had to drive it myself following the local BMW dealer rep. they didn't have a tow truck, and i had to drive it in "TRA" mode, with no AC, in 100 degree outside temperature, with both windows down so i can stay alive.

-since then the car has been at dealer where it's much cleaner and has gone thru PDI and is ready for customer pick up, but I still can't take delivery.

-The last 3 weeks have been very stressful and i really thought about declining this car. i am trying to stay patient and see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems every time i think we are done with the process, there is a new obstacle, paperwork, or signature that needs to be done..

-i was finally told i was going to take delivery yesterday, but at the last minute i get a call from the local dealer that there is more paperwork missing and i have to go in person to the local registration department on Sunday to finalize it...i was so pissed off and frustrated and I really don’t know what to do anymore

-i feel that it was a mistake trying to order a US spec M3 to Kuwait, even though my military sales person guaranteed it will be a smooth process all the way thru, but obviously it hasn't.

-in the last 3 weeks i have threatened to cancel this deal or walk away from the car and get my money back and to call BMW AG or NA and tell them my story.

-All my SA and the local BMW dealers folks are doing are sending my verbal apologies, and telling me that this is the first time they actually had to deal with such MSP local delivery to Kuwait, and that they shouldn't have send the car in my name, and instead as a dealers car?! And they have the guts to tell me that they will make the process better next time?

- i am the customer now, and i refuse to be the learning curve here, and have to stress around for a whole month, and run around to different ministries and customs places trying to clear this car, including having to drive this car myself from the port to the dealer at high noon, in rush hour traffic, in TRA mode, no AC, pot holes all over the place..

-i am tired of this and i am tired of verbal apologies. i might understand that the MSP dealer with coordination with the local BMW dealer have made a mistake in putting my name on the car and the local regulations here are ridiculous and very stressful to go thru..

-so last week i told my SA that if the car is not out of the port by the end of the week, then i am canceling this deal and i am contacting BMW AG and submitting a formal complaint. later the car cleared the port but only because i went there, spent almost the whole day on their shipping rep asses to finish process, going to 3 different debarments, getting signatures, where i had to sign, and finally drive the car off, but of course we are still not finished.

-now my SA, of course he wants this whole ordeal to be over more than me so I can stop buggin him, has suggested and kinda pushing me to take delivery of the car, and later he said he will sit down with me and try to make me happy. i told him i will not accept a verbal apology after all of this ordeal, and will need some kind of compensation or deal or something for all this stressful drama, which has made me take extensive time off from work running around trying to clear this car, and in the process risk my employment, and my health trying to deal with all this BS, etc..

-keep in mind by taking delivery of this US spec car overseas, i am only covered by BMW worldwide 2 year warranty. i don't have 4 year warranty no 4 year service like the US. Besides the first 1200 free service, i have to pay for all other future maintenance and services locally. once and if i decide to ship this car stateside when i go back, then the 4yr warranty/service kicks in/resumes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-so to all of you BMW enthusiasts, what do you guys recommend I do at this point? refuse the car? be more patient and take delivery? if i decide to take the car, what's a fair compensation for all my stress, wait and frustration? Should I contact BMW AG or NA regardless, and what can they do for me?
-i am not too keen about the local BMW dealer that i have to deal with in the future, but my SA has said he wants to keep me happy and continue a good relationship between me, him, and the local BMW dealer here in Kuwait, but I am not impressed and excited at all.

please advise and thanks for reading (if you made it all the way here!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0