View Single Post
      11-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Hmmmm. I may have to use the high level inputs to turn the B1 on instead. Do you know if the HU will still output Voltage on the speaker outputs or if it sends a signal when you unlock the car? The RNS-510 does and because of that it makes a pop when you start the car. Really want to avoid that this time around.
Yes it does.

If you are getting an M3 then you should use the low level inputs of the bit one.1 anyways as the OEM HU/iDrive ouputs are low level balanced. Even the new high level ouputs in the MY2010 1- and 3-Series base Stereo system can be input into the low level port of the bit one.1 without any clipping.

That's the way I've been running my bit one while I'm doing the 09 iDrive swap in my '08 M3. My CIC is set by default to be a base Stereo system so it outputs the same 15W per channel. The bit one.1 summing and "de-EQ" processing works as well thru the RCA inputs.

The OEM remote signal turns on the bit one.1 and the bit one.1 remote out turns the two amplifiers in my system without any pops.
Appreciate 0