View Single Post
      05-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #26
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

I agree with Jeff 100% on almost everything he pointed out with the exception of fat intake. There is a reason why there is a saying "Abs are made in the kitchen". My only thing is if you are going to limit carbs you are going to have to replace the calorie source somehow and typically this is a mixture of fats/protein. Good fats obviously is what you want to add (nuts and olive oil). I know it does not make a lot of sense to many people how you could lose fat if you are taking it in your diet but this is something that has been proven over and over again so long as you maintain a caloric deficit and limit carbs you are on your way to a better definition of your abs. This has to do with augmenting your body's hormonal state in which by limiting carbs you are forcing your body to go to fat as a source of energy since suppressed insulin levels lead to lipolysis and gluconeogenesis in the liver and peripherally. But otherwise I feel Jeff has made important pointers. I also like doing cardio (not to the point of exertion but just to warm up) prior to hitting the weights. Hope this helps.

MBA
Appreciate 0