View Single Post
      07-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: GT4

Dinan Stroker Test Drive

Well I got a chance to drive a Dinan S3-R today. The car had about 8k on the ticker but I'm not sure at what time the motor was dropped in. So the big question is .....how was it? Let's just say I'm a Dinan fan through and through. But there's no way in hell I would pay 25k for the motor. I was all jazzed up and set up for the thrill ride that never came. Upon starting the car I was expecting massive thunder....well that didn't happen. In fact it sounded identical to my car. So I proceeded to head towards the street. I put the DCT in S3 so that the engine had some warm up time plus that would set me up for the big moment when I pushed the M button. Now the moment, I hit the button and immediately notice the increase in rpm's. The one thing I will say about this motor is, it hits the upper power band before you can blink. That was impressive, but the overall power gain was something I just didn't feel. Now maybe it's because I'm not driving a stock car, I'm not sure. But the one thing I'm sure of is this; I'll continue to be a Dinan guy but I'll mod my cars piece by piece. The stroker motor may be a tad bit overrated unless you are driving a totally stock car. By the way, I went to test drive the car for a forum member. Here's the link if anyone is interested..............Phil

http://www.momentumvolvo.net/used/BM...eb7fc1f896.htm
2016 GT4.....Sapphire Blue Metallic, Platinum stitch Leather/Alcantara interior, Carbon Fiber Trim, PCM w/Nav, Guards Red Belts, 2 Zone Climate, Sport Chrono, LWB, Smokers Pack, Big Gas Tank, Light Design Pack, Bi-Xenon w/PDL, Auto Dim Mirror, Clear Side Markers, GTS Clear Taillights
Appreciate 0