View Single Post
      07-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #34
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
^-- they are both cosmetic.... Simply switching to a slightly stiffer spring isn't going to do much for you. If you want performance you must take into account the entire geometry of the suspension.
So the progressive and stiffer part of the springs performance is also cosmetic? Come on, we are not talking about that suddendly the car will have some radical improvement in handling after installing springs, but there are performance improvements albeit subtle in a combination of a progressive rate and a stiffer compression/rebound springs nicely matched to OEM shocks. Things like less squat while accelarating and less dive in in hard braking. I don't know how much less, but for sure I can feel it in my car.

The same applies in reverse... just swapping springs can degrade performance, by being unmatched to the OEM shocks so the handling becomes unstable.

I think that in these forums only radical changes in whatever is discussed are the only things that matters and everything else is dismissed as irrelevant...
Appreciate 0