View Single Post
      03-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #2
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by in13 View Post
So I found a leftover '08, that I really like. But after inquiring about the vehicle the sales advisor noticed it had been "in service" March 2008...about the time they got the vehicle. He had to ask someone why that was. The answer: when the M3s first came out, BMW gave them several M3s and made them punch these vehicles upon delivery. In exchange BMW added 3 months and 5000miles onto the original warranty. So it has lost 12 months of warranty.

Does this sound like BS or has someone heard of BMW doing this?

The vehicle has under about 500 miles on it. And have been told it wasn't a demo or exec car.

Thanks.
Probably not BS, dealers "punch" a car to show it as a sold unit and collect any incentives on it.. I'm guessing this is a Melbourne Red Coupe or Silver Sedan that was one of their launch cars. The only part that may be BS is their claim that BMW made them start the in-service date. I haven't heard that dealers are required to do that with their launch demos. "Punched" cars use to always get the warranty extension this one has, but I've heard the rules have changed on that.

So you have to factor in the lost warranty and maintenance coverage in your decision to buy. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0