HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
Well, let's agree to disagree overall.

IMO, the choice of transmission does NOT change the fact that a car is more or less sports focused. If the E30 M3 had a DCT, would it make it any less of a car? Have you driven a DCT for more than 10 minutes?

I do agree that E92 is not as focused as the E30 was but that is true of most cars today. Also, that lack of "focus" is NOT about transmission choice but rather the car overall... you know, 16 speakers, power everything, i-drive, sound deadening material, etc.

If you think DCT makes the car less "focused" then I think you are missing the point of DCT and are bringing your own personal biases into this... which, I guess is OK as our own bias is what drives our opinions on everything... like I said, let's just say we disagree.
I have nothing against DCT being offered.

It is the fact that it is offered at all changes how the car is designed and marketed that I don't like.

If BMW designed the car as if it were for enthusiasts only (manual transmission drivers generally), and then threw in DCT for those so inclined, the M3 would be a much better sports car than it is today.

Last edited by HBspeed; 06-20-2011 at 08:51 PM..
Appreciate 0