10-21-2010, 03:17 AM   #86
dela
Black/white Ninja
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 118D Hatch 3D AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg_wannabe View Post
i liked them a lot. they are not aggressive enough for the track in most folks' opinion. i think they are one of the best street setups and are appropriate for track use. i like have 9 clicks and know exactly where the setting is.

i had them on my b5 s4. i removed the pss9s off this car to install pss10s.

it all depends on what you are looking for. to me, bilstein coilovers are like the m3 in that they are all about balance.

hopefully i answered your question well. if not, just ask away either here or via pm.
Nice to hear! I am contemplating both the 9 and the 10, but the main issue on the difference is also the price. Where I live the PSS10 is double up on price compared with PSS9. I have a 118D hatch, so it doesn't see any track time, so I don't adjust the settings at other times than summer/winter change in tires.
The 1 hatch has a mad rigid body, so with a very stiff suspension it's much like a go-cart right now. But it doesn't absorb bumps and uneven pavement well, so would like something more advanced than the budget coils that are on now....
I have read alot on the technology at bilsteins page, and I think the 9 would suit my needs well, because I only tamper with the settings twice a year. It should perhaps even be mentioned that most of my driving is highway - I just like the sports car feel and corner ability when i have the chance

Do you think I am way off here?

But thanks for your answer previously. I am looking forward to your next update