View Single Post
      04-06-2017, 08:05 AM   #10
qbnlykwhoa
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3wolf View Post
They're hard to find. Took over two weeks for mine (came from somewhere in western Canada? ) . Canadian it cost me about 500 cad per sub approx 375USD lets say
I was able to get both subs shipped from the UK for about $350USD. I'll see if i can find the seller again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldogge View Post
I installed the amp on Saturday, and these "subs" this morning...I used the rings, but I'm 99% sure they are not needed. Using them made re-installing the OE covers a bit of a PITA, FWIW.

Install is super simple, 2nd one took maybe 15 minutes...It takes longer to replace the OE cover and re-fasten the (4) seat bolts, than it does to install the "sub".

i really need to get the Focal mids + tweeters installed in the front door, now...as the stock HiFi speakers are really showing their weakness, at this point!

-Mark
Installed mine this weekend too and the rings I think are for other models where the speaker doesn't clear the bottom of the enclosure. I used them originally and noticed that i couldn't put the oem grills back on properly so removed them. Also sound deadened the enclosures a little.

How much gain are you feeding them from the amp?

Thankfully, I'm putting in some ES100k's this weekend. Just waiting for my OEM speaker connectors to come in.
Appreciate 0