View Single Post
      06-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #42
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

I am a 2 car guy as well. With the M3 you can use it for a dd but for my personal needs I need to be able to drive off-site and haul heavy tools and accessories from Home Depot or the like. Also, I have and don't mind taking the M3 to do my Sunday Costco-Grocery rounds but it is so much more convenient to have a bigger car to have for these needs. Last is the reality of hauling 1-2 other adults with you; the M3 is too small for this imo. If I had to have one car then personally it wouldn't be the M3. It would probably be a X5 M or a Cayenne TT.

You have to ask yourself why you had the TSX and if those needs of having the TSX can be fulfilled with a car like the M3. Despite what a lot of people on this forum and what some Magazines say about the M3 being one of the best DD's, you need to realize the fact that they are comparing that fact to sports cars with similar performance. Can you imagine loading up an M with cement, salt for pool/water purifier, mulch, or basic furniture from ikea? Not so all around anymore, huh? In the end your needs may be different so you have to ask yourself what you need the car for and consider the IFs as well.

Last edited by a burrito; 06-13-2011 at 12:49 PM..
Appreciate 0