Ti-Jean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3 DCT

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradocs98 View Post
You always hear instructors talking about this in the morning drivers' meeting. And every time I think, "Really? Someone would be that stupid to give a straight-up-in-the-air point-by?" I had never seen it in real life. It was a mythical beast, much like Bigfoot, or Nessie, or a Democrat who doesn't want to redistribute all of your earnings. And now here you've revealed it to us for the first time--I can hardly believe it. Corvette drivers...
I can't remember for sure if they talked about the straight-in-the-air point-by during the drivers meeting that day but most of the time they say something about clear point-by (and often specifically say not to point in the air!). I always think these meetings are long and boring but here is a real life reason why they are needed

They often talk about being predictable on track and by giving me the point-in-the-air (both driver and passenger... unbelievable ), the car in front became unpredictable to me... My immediate reaction was to "pull-back" as, for all I know, he could have very well decided to go left-to-right on track, it was not worth it to take a chance. Once he became predictable and gave me a proper point-by, I took it.
Appreciate 0