View Single Post
      06-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #57
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
Not anymore, but in 08 time attack series he was running an FPRed I believe. I'm not arguing highway runs to 150, I'm talking about track cars (not track race cars, running cars on the track). I just wanted to point out its not outrageous for an M3 to be smoked by one of these rally cars like people are saying. Even lightly modded ones.
Ok true. Gates was smashing people with his relatively modest earlier build. But I agree with what you're saying man. STIs and Evos are closer to being the bare bones track cars than an M, hell the radio was an option on my 04 STi... and hell I'm sure I could embarass a lot of Ms up until 80... then I'd take the nearest exit as my evo proceeds to fall on it's face...

I just think the difference in class is enough to completely ignore the rally platforms, which is why I'm an evo owner on an M site ...this could be a life decision (haha) for some people... im tired of the boy racer scene and getting revved at by every car out there and 17-28 year olds popping boners on my car in the parking lot. I bet you guys get all that with the M, but at least chicks know what a BMW is ...and fold-in mirrors?! cmon that's just classy!
Appreciate 0