Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Lexus is a re-badged Toyota.
This is simply wrong. Outside of the ES, who I will be the first to say is a rebadged Camry, Lexus is it's own brand. I suppose Lambos are just rebadged VW's? Please tell me what Toyota the IS F is based off of???

Quote:
The fake tips after a fictional purpose? If it's fake, how does it have a functional purpose? I will agree that you can't go wrong with any car in this class and it's all comes down to what you want out of the car. My major gripe with the IS-F was the 8 speed auto constantly hunting for gears. It couldn't make up it's mind. I could tolerate the suspension but the Tranny was got old real quick.
The rear exhaust set up is designed to create additional downforce. This was discussed at length when the car first came out.

I still don't understand how it "hunts" for gears? When driving casually, it gets you into the right gear in order to maximize efficiency, hence the much higher mpg that the F gets. If you want to push it, Sport mode and paddles will put you exactly where you want to be, when you want to be there. You will never see gears 7 or 8 when driving the car hard.

There have also been zero repetitive issues with the F tranny, something that certainly can't be said about the DCT.
Appreciate 0