05-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #31
cr2596
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 M5 + '89 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor_yo View Post
+1

Leave the customizations to each individual who purchases an M vehicle. By doing stuff like this, from factory it's becoming "ricer-like". (Yea, I came up with that term myself lol)

Sucks when a great company goes blah because of their desire to make as much money as possible regardless of what it does to their brand. Apple did/doing it, now BMW is following suit...smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperjack View Post
kinda sick of hearing this.

i get that complaint aimed at m sport packages for non M cars in BMW's line up, but how is the LRP edition a "watering down" of the M brand?

it's the same exact car as any other M3.

you may want something more special in a limited edition that what BMW has offered....fine. but that doesn't mean that any of the special edition M3s are any less "M" than regular M cars.
I suppose I didn't articulate my point enough in my first post. I consider this stupid because it is not a "special edition" in any true form. It is some paint, aero that can be bought for any other M3, and a bunch of stickers. Oh, and a plaque to make the buyer feel "special." There is no added performance in any measurable way, outside of the aftermarket exhaust. Pure aesthetics does not a special edition make. That is all the Lime Rock and DTM are.

That is why I consider it watering down the brand.