View Single Post
      12-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

The OEM Pzero is an awesome tire for grip, just terrible for wear. Mixing brands and tire types is normally not a good idea if you plan on aggressive driving or really the track. For just everyday driving you shouldn't even notice. Also since you didn't replace the fronts how did it change steering feel or anything? The car may have a different balance when pushed but if you didn't change the front it shouldn't have changed the feel that much or if any at all.

Next issue is the rears wear twice as fast as the front. So by the time the fronts wear down the rears will need replacing. I would try and sell the fronts to help subsize the new fronts while there is still good rubber on the fronts.

The OEM PZero tire like I said earlier is an excellent tire, the M3 is tuned for this tire along with the other OEM tires that are on the car. Its not like you have Fuzion tires from Pep Boys on the front.

I don't think this is a good practice as most on this board will tell you this, but its not the end of the world either considering the tires you have.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0