08-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #207
LiM3y
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn335i View Post
Actually they have installed it in a E92 M3. That car was at the shop the same as mine and at the point where it was finished, I was talking with the owner about the mods on our cars. He liked the Performance seats in my cars alot. So he went like "oh I only have black grilles, coilovers and Schroth Quick-Fit on my car. Those would be nice with your seats."

I was like "wait, what?? " With this thread in mind, I was sure it wasn't available for the E92. So he told me the belt knuckles from the Mini fit. And strap length seems to be sufficient. Soon I shall know for sure
The issue with Schroth selling it in the US is not the availability of the unit, but it is that it hasn't passed the DOT (I think this is the agency in question) testing required for E90 and E92 seat. The structural strength of the seat back needs to meet the required standard. I am guessing it is the responsibility of Schroth USA to complete these tests. I suspect from your finding these harnesses for sale in Luxembourg that the Schroth harness meets EU standards. Unfortunately, these standards are not homologated to the US.