01-02-2013, 02:33 PM   #20
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard@M-World View Post
I will be straight and honest. I do not have much experience with JRZ or Ohlins, so I will not comment on whether they are "better" or not.

I do want to comment a little bit on KW and specifically their Clubsport and Competition lines.

As many of you know, on the E9X platform I have hands on experience with H&R coil over, H&R springs, Eibach springs, Dinan stage 1, Moton Street Sport, Moton Clubsport, KW Sleeve Over kit, KW V3, KW Clubsport, and KW Competition.

I only recommend what actually works to my customers, and I sell KW because they truly put in a thorough engineering effort (design, analysis, simulation, track testing, etc) on their kits for the M3.

When you receive a KW kit, it comes as an engineered, plug and play package. The springs are of the correct lengths and rates, the camber plates will actually fit (and not break) on your car, and the dampers are actually valved specifically for your car/set up.

Having a plug and play package means a lot to me and my customers because we want to spend time driving on the race track, and not fiddling with the suspension in the garage.

Unfortunately, in the past couple years, partly due to its popularity, there were way too many dealers (authorized and unauthorized) on the market. And many dealers, desperate for business, started heavily discounting KW products. Many sold KW at cost just to move units. And this has led to the perception that KW is somehow a discount product with inferior quality and performance to the other brands.

I think KW has been actively trying to address this problem, but it will take a long time to rebuild its brand.
To add to your comment above.

I was previously a Pcar guy. I had a Cayman S. Just a few years back, on Planet-9 forum, KW coilovers were the best you can get and were pretty expensive. If you wanted track handling you get the V3s or CS, if you wanted just a drop you get the PSS9s.

Now, coming to the ///M forums, it looks like JRZ/Moton/Ohlins are for superior handling, while KW is just for lowering. Its good to hear that you think highly of KW.. Especially since I just ordered the KW CS

Its does seem like a lot of marketing and brand fads that are swaying decisions rather than real performance gains.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0