View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #21
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro-tect mobile View Post
What material did she go with? Some films have a tendency to cloud early on.... thats why I dont install them. If it is only a few years old it will be covered under warranty. I am not aware of any films on the market that have a warranty under 5 years... so you will be fine there. It is possible that she is no maintaining it well. Dont use anything abrasive on it. Do not use the brush at the car wash, and dont use any petroleum based waxes/cleaners on it. Other than that it should be fine unless it is poor quality film.

Keep us posted on what happens. I would also like to know what film it is and what the installer says.
Her appt is at the dealership tomorrow morning. The sevice was sold through the dealer as the genuine ClearBra product when I bought her car. I'm not uber-savvy on the different products, but my assumption is that ClearBra sells one product type. The ClearBra folks tried to polish it out the last time we took the car in for some service items, and when we picked the car up (after closing time of course) it still did not remedy the issue.

Thanks for the note back! I'll post a photo of the outcome if they fix/replace it.