View Single Post
      08-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #64
enigma
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
Because it's not particularly relevant. What if I turned a 1:44 at Laguna? That's fast for a production based car, but not for a formula car. My times have little to do with the validity of my argument, mainly that fast guys don't break their cars any more than slow guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Joe View Post
I politely disagree.
I use the DSC in my e46 to tell me when I'm not being smooth. I always leave it on. I've only had one corner on one track that the DSC would not allow a fast exit (hitting apex curb at T14 Thunderhill); so I turned it off there. Everyplace else it has kicked in has been because I was doing something wrong or made a mistake. I'm going to assume (from all I've heard) that MDM is less intrusive. So if it's kicking in, you're going slower than you could. Remember, smooth is fast.
You are making a claim that YOU can drive a lap at full speed without the DSC or MDM kicking in. I am disputing that claim. Now if you had managed to turn a good lap time in your E46 with DSC on, then your argument is supported by evidence. If you have no such lap, the you are speculating based on what other have said.

Basically lots of people have opinions on how to go fast. Before I listen I just want to know their opinion is supported by real experience. For exampe if you got advice on a diet plan you would listen to the person that lost 150lbs and was now healty over the one that still weighed 350lbs.